Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Narrative 4


I hate when my mom takes me to the city to buy new clothes. I’d rather stay home and play on the swings and in my big sandbox. But my mom wouldn’t listen. She said I need new clothes for when we go to auntie’s house over vacation. I don’t get why I can’t just wear what I’m wearing now. It seems perfectly fine to me.
I like the big houses here. They go up into the sky, almost touching the clouds. The city is so much different from my house. There are so many people. I don’t think I’ve seen this many cars either. Over there are people running to catch a bus. And right there are birds playing.
They are pretty and seem so happy. They are lucky. Their mommy lets them play and doesn’t take them clothes shopping. I’m surprised these birds aren’t scared. The city certainly scares me. So big and loud. What’s that noise? It makes me want to dance and spin around! Maybe I should follow it. Oh, I’ve never seen anything like that. There is a man with something big in his hands. It has piano keys on one side but it looks all wrinkly. The noise is coming out of it. It goes like this: “Hmm Hm Hmm Hm Hm Hm Hmm” Over and over again.
Hmm Hm Hmm Hm Hm Hm Hmm
Hmm Hm Hmm Hm Hm Hm Hmm
I wanna get closer. I like this. Maybe the city isn’t so bad after all.

The little girl runs up to the street musician, spreads her arms, and happily dances around to the rhythm of the music.

No comments: